Netgear wireless router connected but no internet? Well, you aren’t the only one baffling with the issue. Users all across the world have been struggling with the same issue. But, worry not. In this article, we have come up with some quick fixes that’ll help you get rid of the Netgear router connected but no internet issue in a jiffy. So, let’s get started.
Solved: Netgear Router Connect But No Internet
- Restart Your WiFi Router
Sometimes, in order to get rid of technical issues, all that a device needs is a restart. Therefore, follow the guidelines mentioned below and learn how to give your Netgear Nighthawk router a proper restart:
- Disconnect every device connected to your router’s network.
- Turn off your Netgear router and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Let your router rest for a while.
- Then, plug your router back into the power source and turn it on.
Once done, check whether you are able to fix the Netgear router connected but no internet issue. If not, then continue reading.
- Perform Netgear Firmware Update
An obsolete firmware can also result in WiFi connectivity issues. Not just that, but you can also come across other router-related issues like www.routerlogin.net not working. So, make sure that your Nighthawk wireless router is running on an updated firmware.
For those of you who haven’t updated the firmware of their router yet, it is recommended that you refer to the user manual for the guidelines.
- Switch to a Different Connection Mode
Usually, users connect their Netgear Nighthawk router and the exiting modem using a wireless source. And that’s exactly where they go wrong. There’s no harm in connecting devices wirelessly, but sometimes, it isn’t a reliable source to consider.
So, if you have also connected your home router and modem wirelessly, change that right away. Instead, use a damage-free Ethernet cable to connect your devices.
- Keep WiFi Interference at Bay
Make sure that your Netgear Nighthawk router is kept away from things like microwave ovens, baby monitors, mirrors, fish tanks, Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, washing machines, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, aluminum studs, etc.
Also, do not place your router anywhere near thick concrete walls.
- Reset Your Netgear Router
If none of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips helped you get rid of the Netgear router connected but no internet issue, then it’s high time that you perform factory default reset.
Here are the steps that will help you restore your Netgear Nighthawk router to the factory default settings:
- Look at all sides of your router and locate the Reset button.
- Once located, press the Reset button carefully using a pointed object.
- In some time, your device will get restored to the default mode.
In this manner, you’ll be able to perform Netgear router setup with ease. Now, access the Nighthawk router login page and reconfigure your router.
Here’s How to Perform Netgear Router Setup
- Plug your Netgear Nighthawk router into a wall socket and turn it on.
- Let the LED become solid green.
- Then, connect your router and the existing modem, and make sure that the connection between them is stable.
- Switch on your computer.
- Launch an internet browser.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type routerlogin.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- If routerlogin.net refuses to work for you, consider using the 192.168.1.1 default IP.
- Fill the default login credentials into their respective fields.
- Click Log In.
Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete setting up your Netgear WiFi router.
These were some of the best troubleshooting tips to help you get rid of the Netgear router connected but no internet issue. If we helped you fix the issue even a bit, don’t forget to leave a word of appreciation in the comment section. We’ll be happy to know that we could help.